Thursday, March 31, 2011

ONE MORNING.....

The morning drive to Jeppoo Church to attend the Mass brought a variety of early risers to my sight and I was keeping a watchful eye on how the normal life of the people of this coastal town goes on during the early hours. Everyone was on their mission to reach a goal or to be there as planned.

The cheerful chirping of the birds and squirrels around our house, echoing a melodious choir to the Almighty for blessing a beautiful day greeted me as I got ready to go. Just as I opened the gate, the dog which dwells in our lane, living with the titbits fed to it by the kind neighbourhood, hesitatingly arose from the satisfying sojourn and walked past me oh its expedition for the day.

The grocery shop owner was just opening the shutters as I passed by. A customer was already at the door waiting eagerly to purchase the unanticipated requirement for the house.

The health conscious population of different age groups were already on the spree of covering the distance to burn their previous day’s calories intake. Some students were rushing to their coaching venue, to keep up the time, unaware of what is going on around them.

Many travellers travelling by the night service buses were just reaching their destination anxious to meet up with their loved ones and a number of auto drivers, who already had begun their laborious day, were impatient and keen to earn some extra rupees from these needy travellers.

In midst of all these I saw a lonely garbage picker, trying his luck to earn a decent earning for the day, digging up the garbage. That sight caught up with my mind and heart and my thoughts got trapped on this fellow living being. That’s life I suddenly woke up from the deep feeling and it was time for me to enter the Church to spend some time with my creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment